Recently, we received a generous referral from a friend and fellow construction industry professional.
The homeowner communicated exactly what they wanted for their new flooring. Style (high fashion), comfort (very comfortable), durability (very durable), and budget (conservative).
As in many situations, not just flooring. We could EASILY accommodate 3 out of 4. Obviously budget is the one constraint here, it can certainly be attained with relinquishing one of the other 4 criteria. We are honest. We won’t lie to get the sale. Here’s what happens when trusted professionals lie to get the sale:
1. The product does not hold up to the needs of the consumer
2. Consumer is upset (after all they were told they could have 4 out of 4 from their request.)
3. The business that lied lost that customer and any potential repeat or referred business
4. The business that lied damaged their relationship with their friend/referral partner
5. What is the consumer supposed to do now? If hindsight truly is 20/20, most people would have preferred to get it done right the first time.
The point here IS NOT to belittle anyone's budget. There is a threshold to what 99% of the world can afford and we are no different. “When it comes to flooring, we believe in a better way.” That starts with the truth.